- Watch your language Soldier!
- It's not language, it's shit, literally, I stepped in it!
— Boris & Miller banter
Boris was first encountered at Sparta. He and the remaining Rangers left the base to head to D6 with Artyom and Miller. He and Stepan appeared to be best friends, as they were always fighting side by side.
As Artyom attempts to open a gate leading further into D6 the lever malfunctions, forcing him to hold and unable to defend himself when attacked by a nosalis. Boris notices that Artyom is in danger and rushes to save him, killing the nosalis. As Boris moves to help Artyom out from under the dead nosalis, however, an albino nosalis attacks him from behind and began to drag him through the door. Unable to break free, Boris kills himself using one of his grenades in order to take the albino nosalis down with him.
Upon seeing the death of Boris, Stepan ran to his side in an attempt to help his friend only for Miller to explain that there was nothing they could do, to which he exclaimed that the nosalis would pay for what they had done.
It's revealed later after Artyom is separated from the team that Stepan didn't survive, likely falling to another nosalis attack.
Boris appeared on the following levels:
- Boris cannot be saved, as his death is strictly scripted and the albino nosalis that kills him is invincible until Stepan kills it.
- Boris' scoped VSV can be picked up after he is killed.
- Boris is one of the few people seen wearing his hood.
- Boris is also the name of the caravan leader from Exhibition, from the level "Chase", but Boris is a fairly common Russian name.
- Boris' eyeglasses disappear while he is wearing his helmet.
- Boris is the driver of the Rangers' armoured and steam-powered railcar.
- His eyes still blink after his death. While this bug is very common in video games, it could also mean he is bleeding to death or close to death, and the rangers knew they could not save their fallen comrade.
- Boris' death is far more dramatic in Metro 2033 Redux; a nosalis grabs him by the foot and drags him under a partly-opened blast door, while he detonates a Grenade in his hands to take the nosalis down with him. Consequently, the above-mentioned eye blinking after his death no longer occurs, and his face is instead burned and disfigured from the explosion. Stepan symbolically lowers his visor over his face after mourning him.
|Characters of the Metro Game Series|
Alex • Andrew • Artyom • Boris (Exhibition) • Boris (Ranger) • Boss • Bourbon • Danila • Eugine • Hunter • Igor • Khan • Kirill • Komarov • Krasnov • Lev • Loginov • Mike • Mikhalych • Miller • Nikki • Nikolay • Pavel (Exhibition) • Pavel (Ranger) • Peter • Petr • Sasha's Mother • Sasha • Semyon • Sergei • Sergey Sergeyevich • Stepan (Metro 2033) • Ulman • Vitali • Vladimir
|Metro Last Light|
|Last Light DLC|
The Admiral • Alyosha • Anna • Arsen • Artyom • The Baron • Baron Double • Bourbon • Captain • Damir • Danila • The Doctor • Duke • Eugine • Giul • The Hermit • Idiot • Katya • Khan • Khlebnikov • Kirill (Exodus) • Klim • Korzh • Krest • Miller • Mirsky • Nastya • Olga • Petrovich • Sam • Saul • Silantius • Stepan (Metro 2035) • Taubman • The Teacher • Tokarev • Tolya • Seryoga Vinogradov • Tom • Yermak • Roman
|Rangers of the Spartan Order|
|Metro Last Light|