The Children of the Underground were a paramilitary group of metro inhabitants that Artyom encountered outside Hole Station. While holding a blockade to protect their settlement, they recruited Artyom to help defend it. The blockade failed, as the mutants broke through and slaughtered most of the people inside the settlement. The last survivor, a wounded commander, tasked Artyom with relaying a message to Polis, to destroy the tunnels (ultimately destroying their home) because the mutants cannot be stopped.
Relaying the Message
The player will receive positive Moral Points for both accepting this mission and for completing it. To accept the mission, the player must listen to the leader's dying words, and take the tape from his hand as he gives it to Artyom.
To complete the mission, while on the surface mission Outpost, on the way to Black Station, at the top of the Nazi outpost there will be a transmitter guarded by two demons. Kill the demons and relay the message. The achievement DJ Artyom will be awarded for playing the message.
The radio broadcast that Maxim Komarov gives to Artyom: "Polis - Children of the Underground here. If you're receiving this, it means that our Station has been overrun by mutants... and whoever is relaying the message is the last survivor of the valiant men covering the evacuation. You must demolish the tunnels. the airlock won't last long. This is Commander Maxim Komarov... Over and out."
Listen to that quote:
|On the level "Outpost" reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message.|
Metro 2033 Redux
|DJ Artyom||Bronze Trophy - 30|
|On the level OUTPOST reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message|
- No matter how many mutants the player manages to kill, the blockade will always end in failure, even if the player somehow manages to kill all the mutants.
- When at the barricade, it isn't shown how some members of the group die as a wave of energy sweeps down the tunnel, knocking the player and his comrades out.
- It's presumed that when the wave of energy hits, more mutants invade the station.
- The Children of the Underground are probably a stand in for the Revolutionaries, another paramilitary force, who help Artyom before he becomes a member for a short time (i:e only a few hours).
- The name comes from a famous Ukrainian-born Russian writer's Vladimir Korolenko novel In Bad Company known abridge as Children of the Underground.
|Factions of the Moscow Metro|
1905 Confederation • Arbat Confederation • Baumansky Alliance • Belorusskaya Trade Outpost • Children of the Underground • "Europe" • Farms and Factories • Great Worm Cult • Huliaipole Republic • Human-Mutant Society • Kalininskaya Confederation • May Day Republic • Mitino Commonwealth • Pechatniki Confederation • Revolutionaries • Ryazan Community • Satanists • Sevastopolskaya HPP • VDNKh Commonwealth • Yasenevskaya Community