|“||Hunter did not return. It wouldn't be easy to find an excuse to leave the station and travel to Polis, but I had given my word. I learned that the Caravan was heading to Riga the next day, and needed guards. I signed for the ride.||„|
— Level description
Exhibition is a friendly level and takes place during Artyom's final moments at his home station
In this level, Artyom is readying for his caravan trip to Riga station, but needs to collect his equipment and make his way through the station to the southern platform. After Riga, he will travel to Polis to inform a man named Miller about Hunter's mission against the Dark Ones. Before he leaves, he talks to several of the station's residents and his step-father, Alex. The level involves no fighting or hostilities whatsoever and provides some backstory to the plot of the game and the importance of Artyom's mission.
There is a video playthrough available for this level on YouTube: Link to the video.
- At the start of the level, Eugene can be heard singing Постой, паровоз.
- The 'New York' postcard Hunter gives to Artyom is seen up on the wall.
- Several of the Universe of Metro 2033 novels are seen in Artyom's room.
- In an overheard conversation an inhabitant of the station says that he dreamed he was on the surface again, to which the other person replies that it would take 50 years for radiation levels to drop; according to this, humans would not be able to start re-settling Moscow until 2083.
- The station has a jail cell. When Artyom approaches, he is warned by a guard about the prisoner who seems to want to talk to Artyom.
- A recruiter can be seen making a speech to the residents in the main hall area asking to help out Riga station for their newly formed alliance.
- On the bottom of the stairs from which the Riga representative leaves after giving his speech, there are two men talking about communicating with the outside world on the days immediately after the armageddon. One of them infer that they tried to contact the government from the Ural Mountains bunkers, but they were the first to get hit. The people on the metro were, however, able to make contact with nuclear submarines, who were pretty much oblivious to the catastrophic events that transpired on the mainland. Upon discovering the attack, some captains ordered their subs to retaliate, others, seeing the pointlessness of killing even more people, simply standed down. All communication with the vessels were eventually lost.
- The weapon vendor sells several weapons too expensive to buy; this could be to show the player what weapons can be found in the game.
- A man in a chair near the armoury tells Artyom he will return the book (a copy of Metro 2033) he lent to him, later.
- There is a man next to his wife that you can help by giving two MGRs and will award positive moral points
- The armourer (not the actual vendor) has several expensive weapons not available until much further into the game hanging on the wall behind him, as well as several bandit masks and Nazi helmets on the firing range.
- Artyom will have unlimited ammo while firing at the firing range, including MGRs.
- This is one of the levels where several MGR can be found, being part of the Sherlock achievement.
|A true metro citizen. You know everyone and have seen everything.|
|"Found all MGR ammo, hidden throughout stations."|
|Levels in Metro 2033|
|Chapter 0 (Prologue)|
|Chapter 1 (Let the Journey Begin)|
Exhibition • Chase
|Chapter 2 (Bourbon)|
|Chapter 3 (Khan)|
|Chapter 4 (War)|
|Chapter 5 (Hope)|
|Chapter 6 (D6)|
|Chapter 7 (Tower)|