The Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya Line (Russian: Калужско-Рижская линия) is Line 6 of the Moscow Metro. A significant portion of both the novels and the games takes place in tunnels and stations of the Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya line.
The Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya line is 37.8 km long and has 24 stations. Before the war, it served almost 1,300,000 people every day. It was opened on 1st May, 1958. Its terminal stations are Medvedkovo at the northern end and Novoyasenevskaya at the southern end.
Artyom's home station, VDNKh, is located on the Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya line. Another important stations include: Botanicheskiy Sad, through which the Dark Ones enter the Metro; Prospekt Mira, which serves as an important market for Metro citizens; and Sukharevskaya (Dry Station), which is the place where Bourbon is captured by bandits in the first video game.
A full list of stations with short descriptions is featured below.
List of Stations
- Medvedkovo - Northern terminal station, abandoned
- Babushkinskaya - Abandoned station (previously inhabited)
- Sviblovo - Abandoned station (previously inhabited)
- Botanicheskiy Sad - Abandoned station, its hermetic door was opened by young Artyom and his friends, allowing the Dark Ones to descend into the Metro
- VDNKh - Artyom's home station, capital of VDNKh Commonwealth
- Alexeyevskaya - Sparsely populated station, member of VDNKh Commonwealth
- Rizhskaya - A rundown station, member of VDNKh Commonwealth
- Prospekt Mira - Hanza-controlled station which features a large market, transfer station between the Ring Line and the Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya line
- Sukharevskaya - Station inhabited by bandits
- Turgenevskaya - Nicknamed "Cursed Station", the few remaining survivors here are constantly threatened by mutants
- Kitai-Gorod - Transfer station inhabited by two different bandit gangs
- Tretyakovskaya - Directly adjacent to Venice, however, this territory is flooded and uninhabited by humans
- Oktyabrskaya - Hanza-controlled transfer station, is hit by a plague during the events of Metro: Last Light
- Shabolovskaya - Bandit-controlled station
- Leninskiy Prospekt - Bandit-controlled station
- Akademicheskaya - Bandit-controlled station
- Profsoyuzhnaya - Bandit-controlled station
- Novye Cheremushki - Bandit-controlled station
- Kaluzhskaya - Trading post of Yasenevskaya Community
- Belyayevo - Member of Yasenevskaya Community
- Kon'kovo - Member of Yasenevskaya Community
- Tepliy Stan - Member of Yasenevskaya Community
- Yasenevo - Capital of Yasenevskaya Community
- Novoyasenevskaya - Southern terminal station, former capital of Yasenevskaya Community
|St. Petersburg Metro|