|“||It never ends, this stuff... You complete a mission and give the base a radio hail on your way back to let them know you're coming, they send you on another milk run. Sometimes I wish radio was never invented... Anyway, this time it seems like fun - I've got to stop a Hansa train captured by the Reds. It's been quite some time since I had stuff to blow up, so never mind if I do!||„|
— 'Khan' Level Description
Khan is the second level in Metro: Last Light's DLC, the Chronicles Pack. The player plays as Ulman, assisting Khan in first stopping a Hansa train occupied by the Red Line, (the same one found in The Chase level) and then fighting Nosalises inside an abandoned Metro station - Polyanka - the same one seen in the Mobius trailer. During a dream sequence in Polyanka, Uhlman temporarily relives the attack on Polyanka by Nosalises, through Khan's eyes (the player plays as a young Khan), in which Khan was forced to close the gate to Polyanka, dooming his friends there. The level takes place at the same time as “The Crossing”, as we can see Ulman causing the explosion which knocks Artyon out at the end of “The Chase”. It also explains that, after Chase, Khan went directly to Polis to warn Miller about Oktyabrskaya and Korbut’s plans, that’s why he and Miller, already aware of the whole situation, are waiting for Artyon at the Garden’s entrance to Polis.
|No Way Out||Bronze Trophy - 15|
|Complete the KHAN level.|
|Hunting||Bronze Trophy - 15|
|Kill 20 Nosalises.|
- Khan being seemingly the only survivor of Polyanka might be a reference to the ghost barricade from the previous game.
- This level reveals why the Red Line hijacked Hanza train blew up when Artyom was trying to find the Baby Dark One. It was Uhlman's attempt to stop the train, which we find out that he was eager and enthusiastic to carry out.
- This is the only level where you can play two different characters (Ulman and Khan)
- When playing Khan he reloads his weapon twice as fast.
- It is entirely possible to sneak past the mutants to complete Khan’s task.
- Regardless of how much time is left on the timer of the bomb, it is always going to blow up a few seconds after Khan is attacked by the Nosalis.
- If Ulman enters one of the generator rooms before Khan suggests it, he is going to be eaten by rats.
|Levels in Metro Last Light|
Introduction • Sparta • Ashes • Pavel • Reich • Separation • Facility • Torchlight • Echoes • Bolshoi • Korbut • Revolution • Regina • Bandits • Dark Water • Venice • Sundown • Nightfall • Undercity • Contagion • Quarantine • Khan • The Chase • The Crossing • Bridge • Depot • The Dead City • Red Square • The Garden • Polis • D6 • Endings