The Koltsevaya Line (Russian: Кольцевая линия, literally Circular Line or Circle Line), also known as the "Ring Line", is Line 5 of the Moscow Metro.
Koltsevaya Line is home to the Commonwealth of Stations of the Ring Line, more commonly known as Hanza. This faction, which tries to remain neutral on the political map of Moscow and focuses mainly on trading, controls all 12 stations that form the Koltsevaya Line.
It's a very strategic location for a faction of traders, because transfer to almost any other Moscow Metro line is possible from there. Anybody who wants to come from one of the radial sections of the metro to the central section also has to pass through the Koltsevaya Line. This is not always easy, as some (if not most) Hanza stations have "border controls" where citizens of the Metro have to prove their identity with a valid passport. This practice was established to limit smuggling and to prevent bandits or other outlaws from getting into the more densely populated parts of the Metro, where they could cause trouble.
List of Stations
All stations are transfer stations controlled by Hanza.
- Kievskaya - Radial sections of the station are controlled by the Arbat Confederation
- Krasnopresnenskaya - Border between Hanza and the 1905 Confederation
- Belorusskaya - Radial section contains an important trading outpost
- Novoslobodskaya - By the events of Metro 2035, a dark and crumbling station
- Prospekt Mira - Transfer to Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya Line; also contains an important market where Metro citizens can trade
- Komsomolskaya - Border between Hanza and the Red Line where transfer is possible
- Kurskaya - Rumoured to be haunted by evil spirits
- Taganskaya - Wealthy station where electricity is not spared
- Paveletskaya - Hermetic door in its radial section is missing, so the station is constantly threatened by mutants coming from the surface; Hanza blocks access to its ring section at night to prevent mutants from getting deeper into the Metro
- Dobryninskaya - Transshipment point between other Hanza stations, quite poor for the faction's standards
- Oktyabrskaya - During the events of Metro: Last Light, its citizens are exposed to a biological weapon and massacred by Korbut's soldiers
- Park Kultury - Borders with the Red Line, but its transfer tunnels are walled off
|St. Petersburg Metro|