Sasha (Russian: Саша) is a young boy encountered at the beginning of the mission "Child".
When Sasha is first found, he's sitting by the corpse of his uncle, in hope of being able to wake him up. When Artyom makes it clear that he is observing him, Sasha seems to understand rather quickly that his uncle is dead. Despite this, Sasha accepts the situation and is escorted back to his station by sitting on Artyom's shoulders. He is quite talkative and seems to be very curious of his surroundings while not fully realizing the danger he is currently in; Sasha alerts Artyom when enemies are near, though this shouldn't be depended on. When Sasha is on Artyom's back the player cannot run and also the turning speed becomes somewhat sluggish. This also increases the amount the gun sways whilst aiming, making precise shots and quick turns much harder, which makes fighting lurkers even harder due to their fast movements.
At the end of the mission, Sasha is reunited with his mother, who expresses her regrets about his uncle's death, but is thankful that Artyom brought Sasha back to her. She offers the player some ammunition which they can either take or refuse.
- Refusing to take the ammunition will earn you Moral Points, needed to get the Enlightened ending.
- Sasha is also the name of a female protagonist in Metro 2034.
- Most of the little boys encountered during the game look exactly like Sasha.
- When passing through a certain part of the level, Artyom and Sasha pass under a broken vent shaft where the sky becomes visible. Sasha gets excited about this. Players can follow a plank way up nearing the opening, after reaching a certain height Sasha will ask to go back down and to not drop him.
- In the "Market" level, a boy is seen talking to an old man about mutants eating kids brains, and then those kids becoming mutants. After this, the kid runs off, and tells this story to other children, who then says that his father is a ranger on a mission and that "he is stronger than [his] uncle". A similar line is heard by Sasha during the "Child" level.
- In Metro 2033 Redux, he has a new voice actor and dirty blonde hair, unlike in the original version, which he has brown hair.
- In the novel, Artyom's uncle is sometimes referred to as "Sasha". The boy (Sasha) and Hole Station are likely a reference to the novel, when Alex saves the life of a young Artyom from a station overrun by mutants.
|Characters of the Metro Game Series|
Alex • Andrew • Artyom • Boris (Exhibition) • Boris (Ranger) • Boss • Bourbon • Danila • Eugine • Hunter • Igor • Khan • Kirill • Komarov • Krasnov • Lev • Loginov • Mike • Mikhalych • Miller • Nikki • Nikolay • Pavel (Exhibition) • Pavel (Ranger) • Peter • Petr • Sasha's Mother • Sasha • Semyon • Sergei • Sergey Sergeyevich • Stepan (Metro 2033) • Ulman • Vitali • Vladimir
|Metro Last Light|
|Last Light DLC|
The Admiral • Alyosha • Anna • Arsen • Artyom • The Baron • Baron Double • Bourbon • Captain • Damir • Danila • The Doctor • Duke • Eugine • Giul • The Hermit • Idiot • Katya • Khan • Khlebnikov • Kirill (Exodus) • Klim • Korzh • Krest • Miller • Mirsky • Nastya • Olga • Petrovich • Sam • Saul • Silantius • Stepan (Metro 2035) • Taubman • The Teacher • Tokarev • Tolya • Seryoga Vinogradov • Tom • Yermak • Roman